This meal is one my mother-in-law made when we visited her and her husband in Miami Springs. She served it on a bed of spinach leaves, which was a perfect compliment to the meal. She got it from http://www.vegkitchen.com/front-page/pasta-salad-with-black-eyed-peas-and-corn
* 8 ounces pasta, any short, chunky shape
* 15- to 16-ounce can black -eyed peas, drained and rinsed
* 2 Cups cooked corn kernels, preferably fresh (from 3 large ears)
* 1 Cup or so snow peas, trimmed, halved crosswise, and briefly steamed, or 2 large celery stalks, diced
* 1/2 medium red bell pepper, cut into narrow strips
* 2 scallions, thinly sliced
* 1/2 Cup vinaigrette, or more to taste
* 1/4 to 1/2 Cup chopped fresh parsley
Optional additions (any or all, as desired):
* Halved cherry tomatoes
* Halved oil-cured black olives
* Chopped fresh dill and/or oregano leaves as desired
Cook the pasta in plenty of rapidly simmering water until al dente. Drain and rinse under cool water, then drain well again.
Combine the cooked pasta with the remaining ingredients in a serving bowl, and toss together. Add the dressing and toss again. Cover and refrigerate until needed, or serve at once."