This can be found at:
I have adjusted the recipe to reflect generally available items as Wegman's Grocery Stores are not available to me in Austin, TX.
* 2 TBSP Olive Oil
* 1 pkg (8 oz) Cut Mirepoix (50% chopped onions, 25% chopped carrots, 25% chopped celery)
* 4 cloves (2 TBSP) chopped Garlic
* 1 pkg Organic Green Lentils, sorted and rinsed, approx 2 1/3 Cups
* 1 can (28 oz) Can Cut Roma Tomatoes with Basil
* 2 cartons (32 oz each) Vegetable Stock
* 1 tsp ground coriander
* 1 tsp cumin
* 1 tsp turmeric
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp powdered cayenne pepper
* 1 can (15.5 oz) Garbanzo Beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
* 2 TBSP chopped fresh cilantro
* salt to taste (my mother-in-law uses 1/2 tsp...and it tastes great!)
1. ADD olive oil to stockpot on MEDIUM. Add mirepoix and garlic; cook, stirring, 5-6 minutes, until soft but not browned. Stir in lentils, tomatoes, stock, coriander, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne peppr.
2. COOK, covered, 20-25 minutes.
3. PUREE briefly (about 15 seconds) with handheld blender, just to thicken (don't puree all the lentils)
4. STIR in garbanzo beans and cilantro. Season to taste with salt. Simmer about 5 min on MEDIUM until heated through.
Nutrition info: each serving (1 1/2 cups) contains 300 calories, 49 g carbohydrate, (21 g fiber), 17 g protein, 4 g fat, (0 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, and 330 mg sodium."
Serve with a salad and some delicious multigrain bread.