This is the dressing my mother-in-law served with the Pasta Salad with Black-Eyed Peas and Corn. It can be found at:
"Here's a basic, all-purpose dressing for salads, slaws, and marinating. Increase the proportion of vinegar if you prefer a more pungent taste.
Makes: about 1 Cup
* 1/2 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
* 1/4 to 1/3 Cup balsamic or apple cider vinegar, to taste
* 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
* 1 tablespoon natural granulated sugar or agave nectar
* 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
Combine all ingredients in a tightly lidded bottle and shake thoroughly. Shake well before each use.
Good with: green salads; grain and/or bean salads; pasta salads; lentil salads; corn salads. Use for marinating vegetables before roasting or grilling; or for marinating tofu that has been very well drained, blotted and diced to use as a feta cheese substitute."