• 2 Tbs canola or other neutral oil
• 2 medium onions, chopped
• 1 TBSP minced garlic
• 1 TBSP Chili Powder
• 2 Carrots, skinned and sliced thinly
• 2 ribs of Celery, chopped
• 3 Cans of Black Beans, drained
• 1 Can diced tomatoes in sauce
• 1 Bag (16 oz) frozen corn (microwaved for 3 min) (can use less, but use at least 1 Cup)
• 4 Cups vegetable broth/stock
• Salt & Pepper to taste
• 3 Tbs lime juice
Place the oil in a large, deep saucepan and turn the heat to medium. A minute later, add the onions and celery and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the carrots, garlic, and chili powder and cook stirring another minute or two.
Add the beans, corn, diced tomatoes and veggie broth and season with salt and pepper. Turn the heat to medium-high and bring the soup just about to a boil. Turn the heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat.
Scoop out 1/2 the contents into a blender (try to make it more of the solid stuff than the broth) and puree. Pour back into saucepan and add lime juice.
Good with Saltines or chips.
Serves 6 to 10.